We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
If you do not wish to accept this Policy please do not continue to use the Website.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2003 (the Act), the data controller is
MacuHealth Ltd of
Echo Unit 2, Cessna Avenue, Airport Business Park, Waterford, X91 F857, Ireland.
Personal data we may collect from you
- We may collect information on your visits to our site www.macuprime.ie (the Website) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, content from surveys, contact forms and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- If you use our contact form (for example “Get in Touch”), please notice that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields. We need this information to comply with your request. Other information or personal data you share with us is at your sole discretion. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you register for an account the information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- We also collect information of all users of the Website in aggregated form in order to provide us with a better understanding of the users of the Website as a group.
- We may also use the information for direct marketing via e-mail, when you opt-in for this purpose in the relevant contact form. You may opt-out of receiving future marketing communication, at your discretion, at any time.
- We may also store cookies as set out in more detail in our Cookies Policy site.
- We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How we use your information
All this information (“your data”) will be collected and handled by us for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to respond to your request or questions when you are contacting us. We will provide you the relevant information by email. Telephone and/or mail can be an option if you provide these details, but it is in our sole discretion to choose the communication system.
- to deliver other information – such as MacuHealth Ltd news on new MacuPrime products or newsletters – that we may offer you.
- to best tailor content and resources according to your preferences.
- to help us create, publish, and improve content most relevant to you.
- to ensure that the content provided through the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- to further develop and improve the Website and systems to better serve you.
Sharing with third parties
To facilitate our efficient use of your data, and to provide you with the best content and/or resources, it may sometimes be necessary for us to disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
- To suppliers, contractors and agents: From time to time we may engage or employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include the hosting of Website content, or the provision of certain features contained on the Website or to provide financial updates upon your request. Such recipients will only have access to data required by them to perform their functions, and are not permitted to use such data for any other purposes. These recipients are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- To government or law enforcement authorities if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under an obligation to do so.
- We employ third-party companies and individuals on our websites. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- This includes:
- For website build and blogging: WordPress https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/
- Woo commerce: https://woocommerce.com/privacy-policy/
- For analytics tracking: Google Analytics https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- For Newsletters and Emails: Mailchimp https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- For payments: Paypal https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- For chat: Drift https://www.drift.com/privacy-policy/
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is mainly statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your device. Cookies help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised content.
If your computer is shared by other people, we advise that you do not select the ‘remember my details’ option if the Website offers such option to store certain information entered by you.
For further information about the usage of cookies on the Website please refer to our Cookies Policy.
Where your personal data is stored and processed.
The data that we collect from you will be processed and stored by us, including other third parties e.g. external service providers mentioned above.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to such storing and processing. We endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Although we will do our best to protect your data, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website or any third party, for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data and transferred it to a third party, we will use strict operational procedures and reasonable security measures to prevent any unauthorised access, change, deletion or transmission of this data.
Your rights – How you can access, correct and delete your data
Upon your request, the company in compliance with applicable law – inform you of the following rights: to confirm whether personal data about you has been collected; the reason for processing; the period for which personal will be stored or the criteria for determining that period; to access, rectify or delete any personal data held; to withdraw consent at any time; to restrict or object to data processing; the right to data portability; and to make complaint to a supervising authority on any data being processed. In certain cases automated decision-making, including profiling, may take place. In those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing will be made available. You may contact us to request any of the above rights relating to your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com. We will store personal data only for technical reasons or as long as legitimately required by the business.
You have the right to opt-in to receive marketing communications and news from MacuHealth Ltd.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed contact us here